Thursday, July 31, 2008

i was the speaker


venue : CBN Bukit Nanas, KL
date : 30th july 2008
time : 10.30 am
occasion: majlis perjumpaan khas ibu bapa murid-murid ting 3,5 dan 6 Atas tahun 2008

i received an invitation from the school asking me to give a talk in sharing some experiences with other parents and students in managing my daughters. What a surprised as i still have two school going daughters, one in form 3 and also in form 5. I asked my wife and daughters what to be shared as we don't have a grown up girl who really excell in their studies and of course life. I wanted to withdraw but my second girl seemed to disagree and tarik muka. So, accepted.

it was a good turned out by the parents, among them were YDP PIBG Dato Hj Salleh (Ketua Pengarah DBKL) and of course the principal and her teachers. A ceramah was given on 'How to inspire education success in your child' by Hj Mohd Osman from Peak Performance Coach. It was a good talked but it seem boring for some students.

then it was my turn, after my name was announced by the emcee a big applaused were heard in the hall and it seems i was welcomed by the students. I talked about 5-7 min as how my wife and i managed our daughters and i stressed on willingness to share and also being a good listener to our childrens. I reminded the parents not to be putting high expectation and making comparision among our childrens as all of them have their own strenght. I also reminded the students not to forget to do their prayers no matter what beleived or religion we are in. Insyaallah our payers will be heard and answered.

i end up my talk by stressing the student not to be ' Derhaka' to their parents and teachers. And there again i received a big cheer from the students.

may all of you (including my two girls) perform well in your examinations, insyaallah

2 comments:

geeGrik said...

there u go !! hehe
ha ah cerita itu betul, dan doakan untuk kami. if the check up is going well tmrw and she fits to fly, most likely Mel will be home in 2 weeks times.
It's not easy for us and it has been 6 yrs anyway. Still a long way to go, and we keep on praying and thanks to all families that pray for us as well. If Peza read yr comment and my comment he could guess what it is...

Mohamad Faizal Abdul Ralib said...

at last i knew what is a good news for both of u.... pls take good care of her for the 1st 3 months..