Monday, January 26, 2009

acik dah kahwin


















last friday we were among the thousands of travellers heading back to the North joining our Chinese friends for the massive traffic jam along the highway.
we were among the crowd for one purpose, not to miss my niece, popularly known as Acik wedding day. We reached my bro in law house by 11.30pm the same nite after taking almost one hour just to reach Jalan Duta Toll Plaza from my hse. It was a six hour drive.
most of the relatives were already there to assist in the final and last minute preparation. Acik was the daughter of my late and beloved sister,Siti Saebah.
the Akad Nikah ceremony started at 11.30 am at Padang Jeri Mosque (after being delayed by almost one hour as the Kadhi had another akad nikah) and being attended by relatives from both parties.
my bro in law couldn't controll his emotion when he was asked to 'wakilkan' the akad nikah to the kadhi. There were tears among some of us esp my two sister. Luckily my bro hj mansor was not there as things could become worst. ( i have to controll myself by taking pictures using my Nokia E 90).
Alhamdulillah, dgn sekali lafaz shj mereka sah menjadi sepasang suami isteri. And for sure, I lost another niece who used to be very close to me. My only prayer for them, May Allah kurniakan kehidupan yang bahagia sehingga ke anak cucu kpd mereka berdua.
the kenduri was great as most invitee turned up. Luckily the foods prepared were enough although the caterer has to top up.
the only question during the kenduri was, bila lagi engko nak terima menantu kim? Ni yang letih nak jawab.
so to acik, please take care of your new family. Best wishes from all of us esp your beloved pak cik and mak cik

4 comments:

Mohamad Faizal Abdul Ralib said...

Sorry...I could not be there as planned.. but I went to Parit Buntar as replacement.. Meet them all over there for a while.

On the same day, i went back to Bangi.. So tired.. :)

hakim said...

kami tak dpt join wp dah ada kat parit buntar. Tido rumah haji malam tu. Tentu meriah dan brp kereta yang pi

Mohamad Faizal Abdul Ralib said...

ada la dalam 17 biji kereta yg pergi... dari rumah pak long chor dah 6 biji kereta...

mungerDamia said...

wah acik meriah sakan u ol...tahniah...semoga kekal ke akhir hayat...amin... tak lama g dapat la ely anak sedara nih...ahakz...